27 movie Reviews with Responses

METH ORCS METH ORCS

Dude, your work is always a joy to view. Gotta love this totally out there and awesome concept. Never thought Orcs were so prone to drug use and non-combat fatalities hah.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks!

FutureForce Installment 1 FutureForce Installment 1

Pretty cool stuff, I dug the choreography! Would be interested in seeing where this goes. One question though, near the end, where'd you get that remix of Q's theme? Sounded pretty cool!
Best of luck with things!

smoothuser responds:

thank you I appreciate your feedback. As for the theme, I honestly don't remember. It was so long ago haha

Bomberman Does A Thing Bomberman Does A Thing

I have loved these things and this does not disappoint.
-Great art direction! I loved the explosions (and the cell phone poof), beautiful colours and shading
-The voices were all well done and memorable

Can't think of anything needing fixes or improvement. Great little short! I had a blast!...hah..hah..*cough* I'll...I'll just go...

Wolfmercenary responds:

Thank you very much! :D

Pokemon XY: "Ghost Girl" Pokemon XY: "Ghost Girl"

Nice work, liked the exaggeration and manic behaviour, but I found the male trainer's tone to be a bit one-note after a bit. He kind of hit a place and stuck with it. He didn't really offer too much variety overall, I think if he played with the lines a bit more the performance would be stronger overall. Not too much of a problem, but a little something to think about for the future.

The animation was pretty fluid especially in the bodily movements and freak out bits. All the locations were drawn with a good bit of detail

It ended a bit abruptly for me. I thought you could have played more with the ghostly girl haunting the male trainer, and then finally having that elevator confrontation.

Pretty good job overall! Glad I watched.

MocaNico responds:

Ah yes! Definitely! Thanks a lot for the tips!

Ragemelon Plump and Juicy Ragemelon Plump and Juicy

Another awesome installment of Ragemelon! Really enjoyed this one dude:

-Animation, looked great as ever. The rebuilding sequence for RM's body was great. It was expanded compared to last time.

Art: Colours vivid and lines clean. The character designs were great due to how much personality was in each character's face, but I loved the expanded settings that we saw this time around. The landscapes were a rather nice touch dude.

I was expecting another quick short, but I like how you went a different route instead of giving us the expected Fruity Rage carnage. The puns were also fun, I do quite enjoy those.

Overall a great episode dude. Keep up the good work!

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks shockdingo!

ONEY2012 ONEY2012

Hilariously brilliant send up of an uh...interesting situation (wont get into all that here hah)

Dude, where do I even begin? Awesome voice work; it had that subdued urgent tone that these ads usually have. I loved the subtle changes you had when the true purpose was revealed and the narrator began to waver. Also, the whispering...creepy (creepy...)

The visual presentation was awesome; I see your typography skills from Dot Dot Dot are still being used to great effect.

The humour was well executed and didn't explode on out too quickly. Props for pacing.

Keep up the good work man!

RicePirate responds:

the reviews for this are waaay too nice, this one was really the kicker. thanks though ... you are lovely, DINGO.

50MG 50MG

This was a lot of fun; it was a simple, but effective theme and it eas executed well. I gotta say, I'm a sucker for fluid animation; the spastic movements after the drugs kicked in and then the intense and super detailed close ups were a joy to watch. I thought this was a solid effort and I was totally entertained. I just thought a little bit more could be added in zaniness before the end cutoff, maybe some distorted increasingly crazy imagery? (it felt a bit abrupt, but that's just me).

Awesome job! I'll be checking out more of your stuff now. :)

Keep up the good stuff!

jaxxy responds:

Thanks, dude! :D

Falcon Date! Falcon Date!

Hilarious and to the point HYES!

I rather enjoyed this. This was a short and simple flash and it worked greatly. The art was well done and the voices were clear, audible and had personality. We all knew the end would bring about disaster, but I'm glad you went for something different than that obvious Falcon Punch. The end screen was also a nice touch.

Great job! :)

crimson-caesar responds:

A nicely written review! Thanks for your input.

L.A. Noire: Deleted Cases L.A. Noire: Deleted Cases

Short and to the point = hilarious

As a longtime fan of your work, I'm always overjoyed to see a new flash released by you. This was another funny and high quality piece of work.

You kept things rather short and to the point, but that made it work. Anything excessive would kill the balance and make the material feel stretched to its breaking point. Breaking up everything into a segment with title cards was a nice touch in creating an episodic scenario.

As always your art is excellent. I'm used to you drawing more defined and muscular characters (the Cogs, Gigantor, the Spartans and more) but seeing these normal guys still left me impressed. The detail you're known for is seen in each of the detectives faces. They're so freakin' filled with character and individuality. Cole barely moves but never feels out of place next to his animated partner. As I mentioned before, I really liked the title cards. They added some style and freshness to this. Each individual one was well composed and had something to catch the eye. The expressions were fluidly animated, though Cole's partner steals the show, especially at the end when he's struggling to find something to hate about cars.

The humour was hilarious without being over the top or appearing desparate. You had a basic theme, you paced yourself and as a result, it was well executed and kept my interest. While the theme of "This guy is racist" is simple, you've got A LOT of mileage with it.

By keeping this piece short and matching it with the above strengths, this was a quality submission.

I can't really think of any negatives for this piece in all honesty.

As always dude, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us.

All the best to you.
-Shockdingo

Lots of people find this review helpful!
JohnnyUtah responds:

wow what a review

Captain Ig'nant Captain Ig'nant

Hilarious and thought provoking satire

I really really hope that people do get the point of this. Initially when I saw this title advertised at the bottom of NG in the "today's best" column I was a bit nervous that this was going to be something offensive, but after reading your description I was really interested to see what you put together.

The animation was really fluid and I enjoyed the exaggerated style and expressions. The colouring and shading made things look rather lively, but I really loved how you visualized his powers.

The message behind this was really important to tell. I'm also black ( a canuck whose spent a huge chunk of time in the US as well as Canada) , and can relate to this toon. The scene featuring the white friend panicking about the red-shirted black guy "doing well in school and talking 'white'" is a portion of my life in a nutshell. I've been told to my face that I "act white" "talk white" and even "dress white" (yea, I'm lost on that too.)

And don't even get me started on ages ago in middle school when some (not all, just couple) white kids would try to talk street to me and randomly throw up gang signs in my presence. I think I heard "west siiiiIIIIiiiiide" a couple 100 times. Ugh. Stupid 90s...

I'm a sorta dorky looking comic book geek who listens to ska, electronica, videogame music, country, old school rap, orchestral and cinematic soundtracks and pretty much anything I come along, but to others, this has been a sign of me "not being 'true' to myself." If I've got to fit under some stereotyped vision to belong, how is that being true to myself? I go against the grain not to rebel, that's just simply who and what I am.

Anyways, enough about me, I just wanted to applaud you on tackling a very real problem in our society today through humour. If we're not challenging stereotypes and being afraid to be who we are, we're stagnating as a people.

Thank you and I hope you got an excellent grade and review from your teachers.

I'll be checking out all your other stuff now.

All the best,
Shockdingo

Chakra-X responds:

Thank you very much for your review. I tried to cover a large spectrum of black issues, not just inner city issues because it goes beyond that. I grew up in the suburbs and to this day most of my iPod is video game soundtracks, rock, classical, and pop songs, and in high school. Because of this, I would have friends who joked that I dressed white or did not have enough hip hop music taste, and I am also very light skinned so I still get a bit of "he's not that black". I have seen kids with perfectly normal parents turn out hood because they feel like they must adapt themselves to be a "real black man/girl", and if you have a lot of black kids from the city who act a certain way, that will be the dominate social group of the black kids in a school and others will gravitate to their mannerisms.

I know the content is very over the top but I find that funny and I like that style because it grabs attention and attacks the issue head on while (HOPEFULLY) being funny, so I really enjoyed your review.