Best Voice Actress Evar Tips!! Best Voice Actress Evar Tips!!

Enjoyable satire

I laughed several times over the course of this clip. Nice energy put into each of the mocked archetypes. What's funny is that I've often come across this type of behaviour when looking through demos on this site, as well as others. An overall fun bit of satire with bits of truth inserted is always fun. Nice work, keep it up. :)

Peter's Theme Peter's Theme

Heroic and driving

This is a beautiful piece. I love the steady and driving feel of it. It's made up of a bright promise of the future, and living in the shadow of tragedy and loss. It's a perfect balance. I can't think of anything else to say, but this is absolutely stellar work! Very cinematic. Congratulations! I look forward to your future works.

Orchestral Theme 1 Orchestral Theme 1

Cinematic and combative

This is another brilliant piece Gravey. OMGhaxedlol is right, it sounds like it would be at home in God of War, and that's great thing in my opinion. God of War has incredible music. Anyways, I love how driving this is, it's intense but not cluttered, the sound is very clear and powerful. It's pacing make me think of entering battle that progressively becomes more challenging due to the numbers of foes or even the very challenges increasing in difficulty. There's not much else for me to say other than brilliant piece, I look forward to more works like this.

All the best,
Shockdingo

Gravey responds:

Thanks a lot. Yes, there have been quite a lot of people referencing God of War with this piece. It's quite an honor to have so many people put the two together like this. Makes me feel quite happy with how the piece has been received to say the least. :-)

Thanks for the review.

-Gravey-

Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot

True re-inventive genius

You sir, are kingly in your interpretation of a laughably bad review. The Shakespearian bravado, the passion. MY GOD! THE PASSION. The voice! It was brilliance sir Mac of D. Absolute brilliance. Thank you sir, THANK you.

Wilsonbeard's Cannon Workshop Wilsonbeard's Cannon Workshop

Brilliant and energetic

Wow, nice one dude. I liked the voices, the pacing, the mixing and the story. I'm a sucker for those "extreme" types of commercials. Both halves were equally well constructed; the background music, presentation and sound effects just made it really work. Keep up the good stuff man.

"That's a lotta ARRRGH!"

DruoxtheShredder responds:

You bet your two-legged land-lubbin' ass that's a lotta ARRRGHH!

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you liked it and didn't say mean things that would make me get all defensive ;D

I hope you enter, It'd be fun to hear what you come up with!

Gunopolis Gunopolis

Filled to the brim with hilarity and skill

This was a great piece man.

-The choice of music was really fitting and just helped to enhance the overall atmosphere.

-The variety of voices was fantastic, no two characters sounded a like and you pulls something from every angle; light voices, medium, deep and the ah-nuld voice. I really liked your Schwarzenegger voice, it sounded like him without sounding like the tired imitation.

-Plot: Hilarious spoof of the great ol' 80's action flicks. I'd love to see this turned into a flash man.

Overall a very strong effort once again man. I think you're a shoe-in for this contest yet again. I'd like to see more from you in regards to that villain voice and the Chris McClain voice. Good show sir, good show!

General-Ivan responds:

Yo Shock! Thanks for your review. It's great to get insight from my peers.

Also, yes I'd also like to do more with the villain voice (Which is based off Resident Evil 5's Wesker)

Soundwave's State of the Union Soundwave's State of the Union

Nice piece,but minor issue

Pretty cool piece, but unfortunately, I had a little trouble hearing some of what you were saying at parts. I was able to make out a lot of it and found it enjoyable, the effect came pretty close to the original, the speech was pretty cool, "May Megatron blast America" hehe. One minor nit pick on my part was the end cuts off a little abruptly, it seems to start something else after "America" but gets cut off. Overall nice work man, keep at it.

Bezo responds:

Yeah, Soundwave works best in small bursts. Because of the techniques used to create the effect, it is sometimes is hard to understand unless I very heavily enunciate. Thanks for the review.

MH16: Hopes And Dreams MH16: Hopes And Dreams

Strong energy brings forth a masterpiece

This is great, it really builds as it progresses. This reminds me of an introduction of a tv series or great game. When I listen to this exposition comes to my mind; I feel like we're being introduced to a world and various characters and all that they're about. Great work and congrats on being in the top 5, you earned it! :)

Best of luck with future pieces.

FairSquare responds:

Thanks for this review!
It's really appreciated ;-)

timid girl timid girl

Full of heart and wonder

I really enjoyed this piece. This feels professional, I could easily see this being in a big budget children's fantasy film during an introduction scene of an unlikely but beloved protagonist. It sound great, but what makes it memorable is that it has character. I can just feel the serenity and quirkiness of the "timid girl" in this piece. Keep up the fantastic work. I'll be sure to see what else you've produced. All the best. :)

Xerrat's VA Contest Submission Xerrat's VA Contest Submission

Fantastic and imaginitive piece!

This was a fantastic entry and I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed the number one spot. The choice of sound effects and background music reminded me of Ren and Stimpy.

-The expert usage and timing of the sound effects worked together to paint a great mental picture. Things were so vivid that I didn't even need to see animation, I could mentally piece together the scenes

-The voices were well done; the energy and inflections worked nicely to create different characters. The bully's laugh was very well done, I quite enjoyed hearing him

I don't know what else there is to say, but this is one of the best voice acting submissions that I've ever heard, and I mean that truthfully. Keep up the excellent work and I hope to see more from you.

All the best,