All 29 art Reviews

TMNT Leonardo and Domenico TMNT Leonardo and Domenico

Amazing colours and composition dude! THe panels and the scar flowing over into the last one are just so striking. Nice touch!

I'm usually rather mixed when it comes to drastic character redesigns but this feels right. I can see this as a later generation TMNT as they get more comfortable with the Ninja identity. Dom looks cool, I'd like to see more of this guy. I was always curious what other breeds of turtles would look like in this world.

An overall solid piece. I'd like to see more of your takes on these characters.

All the best,
Shockdingo

HE-MAN :&amp;lt;&amp;gt; HE-MAN :<>

Quite the hilarious bait and switch ending. Good job dude!

Friend I Used To Know Friend I Used To Know

Dude, nice sketch, I love the upturned face. The whole thing gives off a quiet sorrow rather than a big heaving sob. It's also rather nicely detailed.

Dare you read!? Dare you read!?

Brilliant retro send up!

I love the look and style of this! :)

It really reminds me of the classic Pre-crisis Superman and "Strange tales" type of pulp comic covers. The inking, the tag lines and dialog, and presentation all are extremely authentic. I'd read a ton of these if you made them. Keep up the good work man.

Mermaid Hair Mermaid Hair

18,500th view, so I'll write a review! (heh rhyme)

This is simply put, a gorgeous piece. I love the varying textures in the hair itself. The water and the hair nicely blend together without the strands taking on a slimy appearance. Also, you were able to keep the fluidity with the flying water droplets just a beautiful.

I never could understand lighting to save my life, so I can't put into words how much I admire the blue highlights and variety of sheens. Stellar work there.

The Lady herself is as well drawn and coloured as her hair. I took a close look at her skin and it has texture, it doesn't just have lights and shading, but actual texture. I quite like her expression as well; it's noble, elegant, charming, but it also has a hint of relaxed playfulness. She doesn't come off as cocky.

Anyways, that's enough of my blabberbox review. In short, I just wanted to say that this is one of the finest pieces I've seen in a long time. Keep up the great work!

The Irken Invader The Irken Invader

Fantastic Re-imaging

The pose, the colours, the shading. It's all so dynamic. I mean seriously, this jumps out at me. The thing that makes me enjoy this is that despite this being a reimaging into a more serious and dynamic take on Zim, it still feels recognizable.

The rather interesting thing is, I imagine this is how Zim views himself. :)

Keep up the stellar work!

Tom Fulp Tom Fulp

Great composition!

This is just beautiful work!; it reminds me of a classic recruitment poster. The colors, shading, expressiveness all make this win big points in my book. Everything comes together brilliantly! If there was somehow a NG movie, it'd be cool to see this in the background or even part of a sequence.

Keep up the good work man!

Mindchamber Mindchamber

A gorgeous and touching piece

I commend you on this wonderful work dude. I have no idea how long it took you to make this, but there's just so much quality and attention to detail; it's all amazing! The personality comes out nicely through the body language; The design of the robot is dramatic,vibrant, intense and intimidating, but the little gesture of support in holding the child's hand shows another side to it. It takes real skill to communicate that to the audience. Keep up the amazing work man.

MindChamber responds:

thanks man

: Father! : : Father! :

It's...GOLDEN

This piece GLISTENS and BULGES with SWEATY manly fervor. (Oh how I wish for italics hah) but seriously, nice piece;

-I like the starburst in the background, it adds a nice tension theme to it all (the little specs actually make it look like an exploding spark, something that could be found in a Capcom fighting game)

-Nice design, I like how the character resembles Kotobaru-san but has enough unique details to set him apart from what could just be a younger version of himself

- Great colors and shading! For me, this can always make or break an art piece; everything blends and pops nicely. The characters nicely contrast with the background; you used a good shade of red, anything darker may have thrown off things a smidge

As always, keep up the great work! (I'm subscribed now, so I'll be sure to see your other stuff)

Oh and final thing, I'm totally tooootally sorry for calling you "dude" last time. I just looked at the piece and by "internet rules default" I thought you were a guy heh.

-This has been another wordy review by:
Shockdingo

GirlChan Entry GirlChan Entry

Great entry

Woah, dude, nice work on this piece. I like that you took a more sketchy style to this. Also the character design for the growly fella is pretty cool; he looks a bit like Wolverine re-imagined into a random game boss; something feels like this guy would be in an old Capcom game, maybe in a dock stage or near a carnival. Either way, keep up the good work man. :)